Search This Blog

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Whatever Happens, Happens For The Best !

I always used to preach that whatever God does to us or happens with us happens ultimately for the good or better only. And I have been severely criticized for feeling so from absolutely all quarters, but this one belief stays and has been instrumental in carrying me through my life successfully and that is why I see something good happening to this world.

And sometimes things happen to us that may seem horrible, painful, and unfair at first, but in reflection we find that without overcoming those obstacles we would have never realized our potential, strength, willpower, or heart.

Everything happens for a reason. Nothing happens by chance or by means of good luck. Illness, injury, love, lost moments of true greatness, and sheer stupidity all occur to test the limits of our soul. Without the small tests, whatever they may be, life would be like a smoothly paved, straight flat road to nowhere. It would be safe and comfortable, but dull and utterly pointless.

The people we meet who affect our life, and the success and downfalls we experience, help to create who we are and who we become. Even the bad experiences can be learned from. In fact, they are probably the most poignant and important ones. If someone hurts you, betrays you, or breaks your heart, forgive them, for they have helped you learn about trust and the importance of being cautious to when you open your heart. If someone loves you, love them back unconditionally, not only because they love you, but because in a way, they are teaching you to love and how to open your heart and eyes to things.

Lord knows what is best for us.

Cheers !

4 comments:

  1. Love ur words, Keep writting.
    -Mira

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow... your thoughts wrap my soul and pull me out (from somewhere) and toss me in the free air where I feel the sunshine and the wind and I smile like a child!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know recently i wrote a post on Facebook about the same. I asked is it always difficult to get what we want or it is always other way, we opt for whatever is difficult. God knows... But i hope everything happens it happens for good. Because I could not find anything good about 26/11 and other such events.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've noticed this is true only for someones personal life, if u apply to general events u cant find any solution.
    - C

    ReplyDelete