Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Misconceptions about donating blood

People want to donate blood but there are some Misconceptions about donating blood make them reluctant from donating. Here I’ve tried to sort out some of them.

"I will feel drained and tired after donating" - You will not feel drained or tired if you continue to drink fluids and have a good meal.

"I cannot resume normal activities" - You can resume all your normal activities, though you're asked to refrain.

"I will have low blood" - If you are okayed to donate by the doctor you will still have surplus blood after the donation.

"I can't take alcohol..." - You can on the next day.

"It will be painful while donating" - No, you will not feel any pain.

"I will feel dizzy and may faint" - You will not faint or feel uncomfortable after donating blood.

"I may get AIDS!" - No! Make sure disposable syringes are used and all measures are taken to keep you germ free.

"My blood is common. I don't think there will be demand for it" - That is why the demand for your type is greater than for rare types.

so friends Donate blood to save a life ……. and feel good !

No comments:

Post a Comment